10 Questions: Should You Lead Yourself Astray?

"Lead Yourself Astray" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Lead Yourself Astray” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

[Join our online community The Lasting Supper!]

1. Are you in a situation where you never know when the axe is going to come down?
  2. Are you living under perpetual fear of harm?
  3. Are you nervous in the presence of leadership that you can’t seem to trust?
  4. Are you watching other people get hurt by authority?
  5. Are you anxious that you might be next?
  6. Are you afraid of the consequences for stepping out of line?
  7. Are you lacking the confidence you feel you need to lead yourself?
  8. Are you terrified that if you reject the abusive authority that you’re going astray?
  9. Are you waiting for someone else to rescue you?
  10. Are you hoping that maybe the abuse or threat of it will just stop?

If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then maybe it’s time to lead yourself astray.

That’s my advice to you.

I welcome you to join The Lasting Supper, our online community. Many of us are survivors of spiritual abuse. Many of us have led ourselves astray. Many of us are getting healthier too. Join us. And, by the way, even at The Lasting Supper, you are free to come and go whenever you want. We encourage spiritual independence and teach one another how to do it. Come on over! I will personally welcome you and introduce you to the others.

1. Ducatihero says:

I would say yes to some or all of these at different points in time from a human perspective.

I would also say I have learned to be content, and grateful, having found something loving and more powerful than any one of these and any number of other concerns. So it then become a matter of choice whether I fear or I align to the perfect love that drives out fear that gives me courage.

“I’m happy to live in this period… where we are going to have to grapple with the problems that men have been trying to grapple with through history… We aren’t engaged in any negative protest and in any negative arguments with anybody. We are saying that we are determined to be men…We don’t have to argue with anybody… We just need to go… and say, “God sent us by here, to say to you that you’re not treating his children right… I’m happy, tonight. I’m not worried about anything. I’m not fearing any man! Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!” Martin Luther King Jnr final speech.

2. Bernardo says:

Once again, preventing any spiritual abuse now or in the future:

Putting the kibosh on all religion in less than ten seconds: Priceless !!!

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

Added details available upon written request.

3. Gary says:

Bernardo…are you saying you believe the following?

“• A constant cycle of reincarnation until enlightenment is reached and belief that various beings (angels?, tinker-bells? etc) exist that we, as mortals, cannot comprehend makes for a no on Sikhism.”

4. Gary says:

Oh and Bernardo…your posts have turned into repetitive spam. A rambling collection of unsupported conclusions which are about as helpful as gibberish.

5. Bernardo says:

Yes, I believe Sikhism is like every other religion, a false religion based on myths and legends.

Regarding repeating essential results of ten years of study.

One: I provided added details on my conclusions a few weeks ago at your request. You might want to review them again. The review of Islam was disallowed because the blog moderator thought they were Islamophobic. I disagree but that is the beauty of a free society unlike Islamic theocracies.

Two, reiteration is a major component of learning as demonstrated by the number of times the OT has been reiterated over the last 3000 years and the NT over the last 2000 years. Reality and Truth are simply catching up.

6. Ducatihero says:

Gary, your wrote of Bernardo “your posts have turned into.. A … collection of unsupported conclusions.”

I agree. Unsupported assertions make for weak arguments.

Furthermore you argue for your view that every religion is false with support of your repetitive approach by reference to religious texts being “reiterated”.

So not only is your argument weak, so is the method you take for your arguing by the same standard that you judge religion to be false. I would be amused if I didn’t feel sad about that. Think what you like but please show me it hasn’t been a waste of my time to dignify your comments by responding to them.

7. Gary says:

Bernardo,

After reading that comment again in the larger context I recognized your intent, though the sentence structure initially led me to think you believed in re-incarnation…lol.

No…I have no need to go back and read again your previous “added details”. You present your conclusions in a very confrontational and in your face kind of manner which immediately precludes respectful dialogue, and what you present as any kind of proof is nothing more than a careful process of carefully selecting ONLY those experts who happen to agree with your rather extreme views while pretending that they somehow represent a reliable consensus of thought on the issue. Your manner, as well as your misrepresentations, make you one of the most ridiculous posters to come on this site in a long time. And yes…your repetitive cut and paste diatribes have about as much value as spam.

I will though acknowledge a bit of confusion as to why it would appear David singled out Islam for some type of special protection on his blog. Of all the religions in the world to determine their atrocities against humanity should be free from criticism…this one seems a bazaar choice. But I’ll let David respond to that if he so chooses.