a short video about the deconstruction of belief

Happy New Year!

Here’s my teaching style. I did this for our online community but since nothing sensitive is revealed about the group, I decided to make this public to you as well. (Yes, that’s a watercolor painting I did in the background… of my wife Lisa with one of our children.)

I invite you to join The Lasting Supper. Just check out the page. There are short videos and testimonials and more details on what it’s about.

Here is a 20 minute video I did for The Lasting Supper community many weeks ago. But I thought I would give you a chance to see it as well. This is a sample of the kinds of things that are provided for the members.

This video won’t fit everybody. But I hope that it’s at least helpful to some.

Again, come join us!

1. Andrew Hackman says:

Lol…. I pretty much followed that step for step….

2. Margaret says:

Thank you, David, for sharing this video. I know about Kubler’s stages of grief but never thought to apply it to my own journey of deconstruction of belief/faith. Viewing this process as stages of grief will help me not to feel so lost.

3. Keetcha says:

I stumbled upon your cartoon drawings. They cheered me and grabbed me at a time when the whole construct of my faith was slowly coming unglued as I researched trying desperately to try and figure out why all the teachings I had absorbed weren’t sitting well with me.

As I progressively dropped those things that were keeping me tethered to the faith, I found this page to be more and more of a comfort. I didn’t feel so alone anymore. I live on a fixed budget so the lasting supper isn’t going to happen for me but I am grateful for this video as it really does reflect very accurately the stages which I identified as you went through them.

It is remarkable, and I am not yet sure if I have reached full acceptance, but I can say that I feel less burdened by the whole thing. Freer really to travel my own spiritual journey without being tethered to a list of have to’s of belief that were increasingly sounding like a pile of shite to my ears and heart. I feel free to
    resume a different journey that aims to lighten my being rather than to burden
    it. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video and your insanely brilliant
    drawings.

4. nakedpastor says:

I think it will help. Yes!

5. nakedpastor says:

Wow Keetcha. Thanks so much for sharing that. It encouraged me as well.

6. irreverance says:

Using Kubler Ross to understand the emotional dynamic of faith transition….Downright Brilliant!

7. nakedpastor says:

Thanks irreverance, but I’m not sure it’s original with me. People are using it in all kinds of applications. But I do find it helpful.