calm

The calmer we are the more we reflect truth.

The more calm I am, the more accurately I reflect That Which Is True. It hasn’t been easy lately. In fact I’ve failed. Sometimes I feel like I’m being tested. The winds of adversity trouble me.

But I want to pass. I intend to pass. With honor. I will reflect with purity the love, peace, joy and truth that surrounds me.

I desire the reflection to be so accurate that you will not be able to discern the difference between me and That Which I Reflect.

Buy a print of my painting Calm.

1. Biblica Bodega says:

Man I simply love your artwork. I know that you are a former minister. I am starting a ministry and so much of your artwork, I think, speaks to the folks that I hope to reach. I purchased two pieces a week or so ago and look forward to buying more in the future.

Thank you for your heart and your creativity. Every piece reveals a bit of our soul, I’m an artist as well, and it’s been cool getting a peek at yours.

Much love and respect.

2. What a beautiful meditation to take into the day… thank you!

3. Jacquie Kernick says:

“No man is an island unto himself”….my first thought when I considered this art, David. It is a lovely expression of calm and honest reflection.
    Thank you.

4. Magdalena says:

Beautiful piece – so familiar. I am trying to find that calm cove myself, but I am still at sea. It isn’t calm out here.

5. Nancy T. says:

Beautiful image.

I like the ideas you mention regarding reflection. I’m not sure about the idea of trying to attain perfection though… I think there is more of a ‘having to let go’ in a way that that kind of striving might interfere with.

It got me thinking though… a reflection? an emmanation of it from within? a synchronous vibration?…

…is ‘That which is true’ seperate from who we are? Is it that we reflect it, or let it resonate through us? Are we ourselves one of the many parts of ‘That which is true’ when it is manifested?

Where does failure fit into it all?

Has me thinking a lot, because of some things I have been pondering regarding myself and how I interact with others, and to what degree does what I believe line up with how I live my life.

6. David Waters says:

Embrace your shadow.

7. Hausdorff says:

This looks great, it kinda reminds me of a sound wave

8. Ruthie says:

Some days are calm and some days are a freaking tornado. But my desire is to reflect That Which Is True, That Which Is Love.

9. Doug Sloan says:

Even with a thousand words, I could not duplicate either the image or the effect of this painting.