1. Steve says:

The first thing I thought of was an orthopedic surgeon.

He says, “come to me and I’ll give you the bad news about your knee. Then I’ll give you much pain and suffering when I cut into it and rearrange it. Then I’ll give you healing and the ability to walk again, without pain, so that you will be able to move about freely…and live.”

That’s pretty much what Jesus does. Only He fixes the heart. Without the guilt and shame and fear we wouldn’t want Him to work on us. ” The healthy don’t need a physician, but the sick.” (Jesus)

Good cartoon np!

– Steve

2. thebutler says:

No, you’re really free!
    Yes, you’re unhappy, insecure, full of guilt and shame…
    but it’s really freedom.
    Rejoice!

3. Steve says:

thebutler,

You got me. It’s really all a big scam.

Jesus wants you to have the same kind of carefree, trouble free, guiltless, fearless, kind of life that He and the Apostles had. Just one big party!

Live it up! Enjoy. You can have it all, in this life…and the next.

The shame , the guilt, the fear, all leads to repentance and the new life in Christ. It’s not some sadist exercise God puts us through for the fun of it. It is necessary.

Hello…is this thing on…??

– Steve

4. Barbara says:

Great one. You really send some powerful messages with your drawings. Are we allowed to use them if we credit you????? This one will come in handy on a post I am planning to do.

Thanks!

5. Tara says:

Guilt, shame, and fear are the biggest reasons I run to Him. Freedom and peace wait for me there.
    I love this cartoon….how many in authority wield and manipulate those that trust them using these three emotions?
    I love your mind!!

6. snow says:

wow, just peaked at this blog to find this gem, as a church raised kiddy I only have to be within range of a hymn book or pew to start to feel that creeping guilt, once infected it stays in the system like a STD, it’s also deadly.

7. Carole says:

Yep, sure feels like that sometimes!

8. Why is it that it’s other Christians who give me guilt, shame and fear? And why do they always call me a “Christian”?

9. Abundant says:

Just finished reading “Messy Spirituality” and the author’s take on this subject is fantastic.

10. Longing says:

Funny, I just wrote a blog about the perfect sermon. And it’s filled with shame…. NOT!

11. Roland says: