the Jesus eraser

"Jesus Eraser" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Jesus Eraser” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

[BUY A PRINT OF THIS CARTOON in my SHOP!]

The more violent the world becomes the more impossible unity seems but the more necessary it is.

COMMUNITY       BOOKS       ART       TEES

1. Adam Julians says:

Yes but the unity is with Christ. Denying Christ is denying the one who erases the lines.

Great imagery in the cartoon!

2. purvez says:

David this is not dissimilar to another one you did some time back. (Please don’t ask me to quote ‘chapter and verse’ here).

Still none the less very very relevant.

Thanks

Adam: I am not so sure about your point. If we make ‘Christ’ centric to world unity, will that cause (or assist) realization of some level of nation-to-nation unity?

I lean the other way. That is, that we should make national recognition and ‘Pluralism’ centric to world unity.

Thus, the US is not a ‘Christian Nation (most often really defined as an Eclectic Levitical-Pauline Nation), but is pluralistic, and allows the freedom of religion. We recognize the right of other nations to exist.

National laws are made against violence (from religion or otherwise).

And thus, a ‘peace’ is obtained because the lines of many religions are allowed within national borders and violence is outlawed.

Lines are necessary for world peace.

Then, reaching over the lines with respectful assistance to the national culture sews together world peace.

Your thoughts?

4. Pat Pope says:

He erases lines drawn in the sand. πŸ™‚

5. ooooo that’s good pat! that might be another one!!! πŸ˜€

6. Adam Julians says:

Caryn, I am not sure if you are understanding me as I intend. My reference was purely to the cartoon image, not with any thought to practical application in the world.

So I would suggest that this doesn’t necessarily indicate us leaning in different directions on this.

I suppose I would ask what you mean by pluralism an how unity might be found in that in the world.

So the US recognising the “right of other nations to exist “. Is the US in practice always acting in a way that is conducive to equal and mutual thriving in the world? If so then good. It would be a healthy unity for any country to have with the US.

I can’t see that always being the case though. So to some degree I would suggest it being healthy for other countries to be in unity with the US and to another degree to be distancing themselves and having healthy boundaries.

I suppose it is a question of what unifies and whether it in other countries interests or not to join and to what degree join with the US as to whether it is wise and healthy to do so.

As an outsider, if the US were a person, it can appear to be as someone on the verge of a nervous breakdown. That’s no offence to any American friends here.

7. Bernardo says:

Time to erase Mohammed’s idiocy by eradicating his book of horror and terror. The Five Steps To Deprogram 1400 Years of Islamic Myths is a good starting point. Any interest? Free for the asking unless Dave charges me for blog reproduction expenses πŸ™‚

8. I’m sorry Bernardo but your rant against all religions, their contents, their scriptures, their people, and their founders, fades in comparison to them. It reminds me of Bilbo’s saying… something about too little butter spread over too much bread. It’s wearing thin, bro. I agree religion has huge problems to face, but I don’t think the solution is their annihilation and all who adhere. Our world would instantly become a dimmer and duller place.

9. Bernardo says:

Where did I suggest annihilation of religious adherents? On the contrary for example, I offered free of charge my Five Steps to Deprogram 1400 Years of Isalmic myths, a peaceful solution to the current Islamic horror driven by the koran. Other five step programs are available for saving religious adherents of any stripe to include summaries like the following:

 AND THE INFAMOUS ANGELIC/SATANIC CONS CONTINUE TO WREAK STUPIDITY UPON THE WORLD

Joe Smith had his Moroni and Satan/Perdition/Lucifer. (As does M. Romney)

“Latter-day Saints like M. Romney also believe that Michael the Archangel was Adam (the first man) when he was mortal, and Gabriel lived on the earth as Noah.”

Jehovah Witnesses have their Jesus /Michael the archangel, the first angelic being created by God and of course Satan and his demons.
    Jesus and his family had/has Michael, Gabriel, and Satan, the latter being a modern day demon of the demented. (As do BO and his family)(As do Biden and Ryan)

The Abraham-Moses myths had their Angel of Death and other “no-namers” to do their dirty work or other assorted duties.

Contemporary biblical and religious scholars have relegated these “pretty wingie/ugly/horn-blowing thingies” to the myth pile. We should do the same to include deleting all references to them in our religious operating manuals. Doing this will eliminate the prophet/profit/prophecy status of these founders and put them where they belong as simple humans just like the rest of us.

10. By annihilation I don’t mean death but the end of people groups of believers… no more believers = annihilation of believers.

11. Adam Julians says:

Just as a matter of interest Bernardo, to what extent do you think people read your posT’s and reflect on their content, and to what degree skip over them without much thought about them?

12. Bernardo says:

“You can lead horses to water but you cannot make them drink”.

“One of the oldest aphorisms in English, this adage was first recorded in the Old English Homilies: β€œHwa is thet mei thet hors wettrien the him self nule drinken.” A modern version appeared in the 1602 play Narcissus: β€œThey can but bringe horse to the water brinke / But horse may choose whether that horse will drinke.”

13. Adam Julians says:

So you perceive what you are doing is leading.

The thing is leaders have followers. Pseudo leaders are just going for a walk on their own.

14. Giles Parker says:

Love this cartoon, David. Jesus erases the boundaries that we so quickly surround ourselves with – breaks down walls of division, deconstructs our false constructs – forcing us to face our own anger and intolerance – freeing us to face and receive the other – replacing barriers of exclusion with doors and pathways of acceptance and inclusion.

15. Those who draw the lines, and the one who erases them. Once again adversity. Shall we draw more lines so that we can continue to fight and kill, , or shall we join Jesus in erasing lines. “Get out of the way, we’re stoning this whore”. “No you’re not you bunch of fat pigs”. “Heh woman, get up, come with me and let’s get out of here. You are going to clean up your thought life and your behaviors. Come let’s get out of here”. “Ouch! that one hit my foot as I dropped it”. Jeepers there’s enough stones here to repair the walk way to the temple.

16. change that title to read, “On the walls of theology” Religion brings life, theology hates and kills.

17. thanks cliff. hm. all theology? potentially, yes. can there be loving and inclusive speech? that would be theology IMO.