question exclamations

question exclamations cartoon drawing by nakedpastor david hayward

Purchase the original drawing or a print of this cartoon!

COMMUNITY       TALK       BOOKS       ART       TEES

PLEASE NOTE: THE COMMENTS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT OR EXPRESS THE OPINION OF THIS BLOG, NAKEDPASTOR, OR THE WRITER, DAVID HAYWARD, BUT ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THE WRITER OF THE COMMENT.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)

1. Candace says:

Honestly, it's the other way around at the church I pastor. We love and foster the questions and find the world is ready to give you all the answers. I have worked hard to make my congregation love the questions, and it can be done!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  2. Gary says:

Ironically...the average fundy will see this as a compliment rather than a challenge.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  3. Jimmy says:

As the saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words. I think your cartoon portrays the reality of organised religion very well. Organised religion likes to promote certainty, but spirituality accepts and embraces the beauty of mystery. I have come to realise that the topics on life, death and afterlife are a mystery in most parts, and our beliefs are ultimately personal and subjective.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  4. nakedpastor says:

I'm glad Candace. The last church I pastored was pretty good at that too. Until it decided to change its mind. But that's when I left.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  5. Candace says:

And if my congregation changes its mind, I will leave.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  6. AL says:

I saw this and I couldn't help but respond with a resounding … YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  7. Pat Pope says:

Hmm...questions in the world abound and all some churches are doing is making proclamation after proclamation, with no real answers to what the world is asking.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  8. Carol says:

Ah, yes, dogmatic absolutism--one of the three most common reasons that the Church(es) are hemorraghing members.

The other two are self-righteous judgmentalism and sectarian triumphalism.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)