1. tc says:

my baby came out 3 years ago. in coming out she regained her child-like qualities: happy, confident, knowing in her heart of hearts that she’s loved unconditionally. it’s beautiful.

2. nakedpastor says:

yes tc. we’re friends on facebook and i can see it all over her. kudos!

3. the preacher lady says:

my daughter came out 5 years ago…in her late 40’s…her life has bloomed..she knows she’s loved…I threw her a coming out party…her straight friends came!

4. Pat says:

Oddly enough, the “we’ll pray for you” drove a lesbian couple from my last church to the one I currently I attend. I discovered this when we were in the new members class and I shared what church I was previously at and that’s when one of them shared her story of visiting a lot of churches, including my previous one, and what they were told when they spoke to someone about how they would be received.

5. nakedpastor says:

that’s strange, isn’t it!?

6. It’s worse because it’s invalidation and hate disguised in smiles and prayer. That makes it worse, because you’re not even allowed to debate it! YES!

7. Pat says:

What’s odd is that we both were once at the same church twice. I didn’t know this couple when they were at the last church, but I wasn’t entirely surprised when she said what they were told. The church didn’t even want to accept someone into membership who said they couldn’t affirm that homosexuality was sin–and the person wasn’t even gay!

8. aubrey says:

I’ve been in one of these relationships… unfortunately I was the person on the left.

9. nakedpastor says:

Sorry Aubrey. How are you doing now though? Have you found yourself and are you comfortable with it yet?