1. tc says:

my baby came out 3 years ago. in coming out she regained her child-like qualities: happy, confident, knowing in her heart of hearts that she's loved unconditionally. it's beautiful.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  2. nakedpastor says:

yes tc. we're friends on facebook and i can see it all over her. kudos!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  3. the preacher lady says:

my daughter came out 5 years ago...in her late 40's...her life has bloomed..she knows she's loved...I threw her a coming out party...her straight friends came!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  4. nakedpastor says:

so cool!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  5. Pat says:

Oddly enough, the "we'll pray for you" drove a lesbian couple from my last church to the one I currently I attend. I discovered this when we were in the new members class and I shared what church I was previously at and that's when one of them shared her story of visiting a lot of churches, including my previous one, and what they were told when they spoke to someone about how they would be received.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  6. nakedpastor says:

that's strange, isn't it!?

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  7. It's worse because it's invalidation and hate disguised in smiles and prayer. That makes it worse, because you're not even allowed to debate it! YES!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  8. Pat says:

What's odd is that we both were once at the same church twice. I didn't know this couple when they were at the last church, but I wasn't entirely surprised when she said what they were told. The church didn't even want to accept someone into membership who said they couldn't affirm that homosexuality was sin--and the person wasn't even gay!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  9. aubrey says:

I've been in one of these relationships... unfortunately I was the person on the left.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  10. nakedpastor says:

Sorry Aubrey. How are you doing now though? Have you found yourself and are you comfortable with it yet?

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)