deeper union

Believer and atheist share a deep union.

I remember when I first posted this years ago. It stirred up quite a bit of conversation.

But I believe this cartoon to be true. I claim that believers and atheists share a deeper union than their disagreements.

COMMUNITY       TALK       BOOKS       ART       TEES

THE COMMENTS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT OR EXPRESS THE OPINION OF THIS BLOG, NAKEDPASTOR, OR THE WRITER, DAVID HAYWARD, BUT ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THE WRITER OF THE COMMENT.

1. Matt Oxley says:

Being human… I would think.

Maybe even the desire to find truth.

2. Exactly the point of my “Faithful Deniers of Faith” piece on Atheism.

The minor difference that makes all the fuss is that Believers use a different set of criteria to determine whether a piece of external data is truth.

3. Jason Dalnoki says:

whats beautiful about this is what I’ve been learning about Christian tradition there early church realy thought it this way, but then Greek thought entered into our minds of dualism and we’ve been separated ever since. Jesus is in all and sustains us all thats incredible.

4. Agree. I see you’ve given the believer a more grumpy and ferocious face though!

5. nakedpastor says:

haha katharine. others have pointed that out. he also has the bigger chunk of ice. but that wasn’t intended.

6. buzz says:

I think it’s true so some in both camp, but not all. Some believers have no interest in the truth, only what requires the least effort on their part. Ditto some atheists.

7. The great divide. And, neither one will risk walking on water . . .
    Blessings, David!

8. Steve Martin says:

That underwater bridge, the connection, is the true fellowship that exists for all humans (believers and unbelievers).

And that is the fellowship of sin.

We are all bound by it.

We really do need a Savior.

9. Josh Foreman says:

I think the connection is an unwarranted epistemology.

10. Helen says:

Josh, what is an unwarranted epistemology? It sounds kind of cool, but then it might be as kooky to me as saying “fellowship of sin”.

11. Steve says:

They are both after spiritual truth. As are many others. That connects them, at the least.

12. Sarah says:

love, true recognition of each other.

Blessed be

Sas x

13. Sarah says:

Jason yet’s that’s it! It’s AWESOME isn’t it! Keep going bro that is it.

Sas

14. Christine says:

@steve Martin- thought you were actually going to say something nice there for a second. But that would be too inconsistent I guess.