where your mind is

You didn’t want to live inside the box anyway, did you?

This is an older cartoon that someone said was one of their favorites. Thought I’d fix it up a bit and repost it.

Paypal me $10 and I will email you a hi-resolution file for you to use or print. Just email me.

I published a book of cartoons just like this one. For just $9, order Nakedpastor101: Cartoons by David Hayward“, from amazon.com, amazon.ca, amazon.de. Great for laughs and serious discussion!

COMMUNITY       TALK       BOOKS       ART       TEES

PLEASE NOTE: THE COMMENTS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT OR EXPRESS THE OPINION OF THIS BLOG, NAKEDPASTOR, OR THE WRITER, DAVID HAYWARD, BUT ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THE WRITER OF THE COMMENT.

1. Nancy T. says:

'happends'?

I think it needs a bit more tweaking.

2. nakedpastor says:

thanks nancy. fixed it.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  3. I used to feel this way, then came to realize that it was often because I was presumptuous and lacked tack. Now I'm much more selective in my application of these qualities. I find it hurts less when I set the stage and am able brace myself.

Another winner, Dave!

4. Rhonda Sayers says:

Some churches give you the "Right hand of fellowship" when you become a member....

this cartoon made me think of the phrase "The left foot of dis-fellowship"....

David, this is another one of my favorite cartoons of yours. Seeing the situation with a little humor helps to take the sting out of the rejection for me.

5. nakedpastor says:

thanks for reminding me of it Rhonda!! ps: i'm not sure having a picture of a cow as your profile pic is a great idea lol.

6. Rhonda Sayers says:

I used the cow as a symbol of how I feel about where I am at this point...Thinking. Pondering. Musing. Examining. Wondering. Ruminating...

7. nakedpastor says:

then it's okay :)

8. Kathy says:

I freaking love the humour and the truth in this!!!

9. Crystal says:

Yep! One of the leaders in my ex-church ( a family member ) said that things were improving since they had "lost" all the trouble makers ( I think that I was one of them ) and I replied, Don't worry, you'll soon get some new ones to replace them, and would you believe it, I was right!

They can kick you out in more ways than one, too, but it's a great cartoon.

10. Cindy says:

Love this one David! It's perfect. I for one am glad to be out of the box.

11. anne says:

The only one outside the box is Jesus.

12. anne says:

"Don't think of yourself more highly than you ought.." The only one who's truly thinking outside the box is Jesus.

13. nakedpastor says:

let us go outside the box and die with him!

14. Rhonda Sayers says:

Better to die outside the box, than to die inside the box. Actually I have felt that I was going to die of boredom quite a few times...

15. Valerie says:

Humour teaches well - things actually clicked when I saw this cartoon b/c it fits our family's experience in life and church to a 'T'. Thanks!
    Also - nice to realize we are not alone in this viewpoint. Reminds me of the quote "the church is a whore...and she is my mother".
    We've found it hard to fully love Jesus yet not play the church game and then where do we fit, be accepted and find like-minded friends who want to make a difference in this world rather than remain status-quo.

16. anne says:

Boy there's a lot of people here with big chips on their shoulders! Pointing your finger to others makes three point back to yourself. We've just gotta let go, forgive and stop trying to push the blame on others for not fitting into our "outside-of-boxes". The church is us, ourselves, not others. To have a friend you have to be one. It's as simple as that. And just love. THAT's what Jesus did! So stop grieving Him. Be a true church yourself, instead. Just be a friend. Simple. Jesus-life. And yes, Dave, die to yourself. Well said!

17. Amy says:

ROFL!!!

Oh yeah! Ain't that so the truth!!

18. Amy says:

Anne... totally think that NP was talking about "religion". When you don't conform to the box inside "religion" of any kind, then your ass is bu-bye. It's not pointing fingers, it's simply truth. ;)