cartoon: important people

Ya! Where are all the important people? Ruling the world. Studying the bible. Stuff like that.

COMMUNITY       TALK       BOOKS       ART       TEES

THE COMMENTS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT OR EXPRESS THE OPINION OF THIS BLOG, NAKEDPASTOR, OR THE WRITER, DAVID HAYWARD, BUT ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THE WRITER OF THE COMMENT.

1. Tiggy says:

Probably away at a conference.

2. Rock! One of my faves, Dave.

3. Cheeky Momma says:

I think they might be still waiting……..

4. kls says:

The important people at the time were far too busy killing babies.

5. The perfect Advent cartoon – I love it!

6. preacherlady says:

Well, you wouldn’t expect them in a barn would you? After all, important people had important things to do. So they were, of course, teaching at the temple, ruling from the palace,and doing all sorts of important things. After all, what of importance could be happening in a barn?

7. Alice says:

I really like this, I do. So please understand when I say: But let’s not forget that Jesus spent many years prior to (and somewhat during) his ministry studying Scripture and in the Temple.

8. Alice I think Yeshua had to go to the Temple to demolish the power structures that blocked Divine Life from flowing into the common man. I wonder where he did study Scripture? In the fields or dare I say it perhaps in Egypt or India? Some of his sayings are so like those of the Buddha!

Dave love the cartoon – I’m beginning to think the web is a kind of stable where Yeshua’s spirituality is being born all over again!

9. Jay Sauser says:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

10. nakedpastor says:

11. JT says:

The important people Are there. They’re depicted as the sh*t!

12. Judy Neunuebel says:

Outstanding. Posting on FB

13. Jerry Grillo says:

probably running for office

14. Kyara Peacock says:

OK… this is coming from a practitioner of Wicca because it is obvious the Christians are too stupid top realize that the important people WERE there. The scholars who would begin to tell the story of his work, the shepherds who would be listening and passing things on and more importantly…. HIS PARENTS!

15. Kyara Peacock says:

OOPS… and YOUR god and his angels! (I edited out some profane name-calling. General rule Kyara: no name calling.)

16. nakedpastor says:

Kyara: I appreciate you visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Frankly I don’t understand your outburst. Basically what you are saying substantiates the point of the cartoon. But you seem to be angry at it. It’s satire.

17. Some Guy says:

The important people were Facebooking, blogging or tweeting.

18. Roger Wolsey says:

the profundity of this cartoon would be enhanced even further without the inclusion of the 3 wise men – who weren’t present at Jesus’ birth and didn’t visit him until he was closer to 1-2 years of age.

My favorite part? The inclusion of all shit. It’s that very real earthyness of God choosing to incarnate in the very real mess of our lives that allows me to be a Christian.

Here’s two blogs I wrote that try to capture those aspects of the Natal story.

adventus absurdus